Training As a Medical Assistant
Are you wondering about the next step in your career? Are you looking for an opportunity to progress, but you’re unsure how? Well, training to become a medical assistant could be just what you are looking for! It’s an essential, in-demand, and impactful career. What’s more, this training does not require years of school or advanced degrees. Medical assistant schools in Louisiana won’t take up four whole years of your life. In fact, you could complete your medical assistant training program in less than a year.
In Louisiana, you can find a high-quality medical assistant program through Delta College. We have locations throughout south Louisiana. Find us in Covington, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Slidell.
About Our Medical Assistant Schools
Prepare you for an exciting, new career in the growing healthcare field. If you go to school at Delta College, you could train and graduate within seven and a half months of your first class. That means you could train for a new career in less than a year! Medical assistant classes teach you the clinical and administrative aspects of medical assisting. You’ll learn about patient interaction as well as the business side of healthcare.
Still not sure if it’s right for you? Take the Career Readiness Quiz. This free tool can help you identify your goals and your personal strengths. It’s a great way to discover important facts about your potential career path. Make an informed decision about your future in just a few minutes with Delta.
The Delta College Difference
- Sure, you might have many career schools in your area. It might seem simplest to just pick the one closest to you. However, not all career schools are created equal! After all, this is the rest of your life we’re talking about. You need to make sure you’re getting all the information you need before making a decision. Here are just a few of the things that make Delta College different:
- Qualified Instructors: Our highly qualified instructors have all the necessary licensing and accreditations. Additionally, they know what it’s like to ACTUALLY work in the field. Under their instruction, students receive highly effective, focused training.
- Financial Assistance: Delta College is eager to help students who need financial assistance. If qualified, you can apply for TOPS and other forms of financial aid. Our staff can walk you through the options, find out if you qualify, and even help fill out the paperwork.
- Help Finding Work: As a Delta College Medical Assistant student, you’ll have the opportunity to complete an externship. During an externship, students work for a short period of time in a medical assistant role. You’ll get some real-world experience while you’re still a student. Delta College also has a job placement assistance program. We help graduates find work after they have finished their career training.
Enrolling in Medical Assistant School
Are you ready to start an exciting new career as a Medical Assistant? ALL four Delta College campuses offer the Medical Assistant program. Contact your Delta College by selecting the city nearest you below. You’ll be taken to that campus’s landing page so you can contact them directly, or you can even give them a call.
- Covington: (985) 400-2623
- Lafayette: (337) 326-4759
- Baton Rouge: (225) 407-4562
- Slidell: (985) 250-3078
The caring admissions counselors at each of our campuses are ready to help you. We’re here with curriculum information, financial aid answers, and application forms. Additionally, we’re offering both virtual and in-person admission and tours. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us soon, classes are enrolling now.
We look forward to hearing from you!