Are you thinking about a new career? Then you need MORE than a regular, run-of-the-mill Baton Rouge technical college. If you’re serious about your future, you need a place focused on your future success. At Delta College, discover the difference a CAREER school can make for you—and the rest of your life.
More Than A Baton Rouge Technical College
At Delta College’s Baton Rouge campus, you can join one of our six programs. Each is designed to prepare you for your future career. They can all take different amounts of time, but you could complete most in less than a year. And because we are a CAREER school, all of your courses will relate directly to the profession you’re looking to join. You’ll also get the opportunity to put your knowledge to work at an externship. Which path are you going to take?
- Dental Assistant: Work in a dentist’s office or dental clinic to help keep patients smiling. Starting this program means you could be ready to start working in less than eight months. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, dental assistants make a median salary of more than $40,000.
- Medical Assistant: Join the healthcare field and interact with patients as a medical assistant. Their common duties include taking vital signs, administering injections, and preparing laboratory samples. You’d be working directly with doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals.
- Medical Office and Health Information Technician: Maybe you prefer the business side of healthcare. Medical office and health information technicians help doctors’ offices and other healthcare facilities run smoothly. Often, a big part of their job is billing and coding for insurance purposes. That’s why our program offers billing and coding classes.
- Practical Nursing (LPN): Practical nurses have even more hands-on interaction with patients. The LPN school at Delta College aims to not only educate students on the fundamentals of practical nursing but also to train them with hands-on experience. Taking classes during the day, you could finish in only 16 months.
Business and Design Careers
- Graphic Design: Have you always thought of yourself as a creative? Do you love designing, drawing, or creating? You could make it a career. Earn your associate of occupational studies degree in graphic design in Baton Rouge. As a career school, this program geared towards training you and putting you to work as a graphic designer and artist.
- Business Management & Ownership: Make yourself marketable to take on a variety of roles in the business world. With this degree, you could be qualified to work as an administrative assistant, receptionist, bookkeeper, accounting clerk, business operations specialist, customer service representative, and more.
Start Planning Your Future At A Career School TODAY
Use your free time productively and start planning your future! Check out Delta College’s YouTube Channel. Here you can hear from real students about their experiences and how a career school changed their lives. Additionally, you can follow Delta College on Facebook to learn the latest developments and news.
So, are you ready to get started on the next exciting phase of your life? Contact the Baton Rouge campus at (225) 928-7770 or online. (We also have locations in Lafayette, Covington, and Slidell.) You can even tour the school and meet our staff virtually from the comfort of your own home or in person. Discover the difference a career school can make for the rest of your life.