The goal of Delta College’s practical nursing classes is to prepare you to take and subsequently pass the Louisiana Practical Nursing Exam and obtain your license. Your time at Delta College will be focused on learning how to gain employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Come see why so many LPN nursing students choose to enroll at Delta College.
Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses typically do the following:
- Monitor patients’ health – for example, by checking their blood pressure
- Administer basic nursing care, including changing bandages and inserting catheters
- Provide for the basic comfort of patients, such as helping them bathe or dress
- Discuss health with patients and listen to concerns
- Report patients’ status to registered nurses and doctors