Our Dental Assistant School in Covington is designed to prepare students for employment as entry level dental assistants in dental offices and clinics or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these or other dental auxiliary occupations. We get students from all over the Northshore who want to work in dental offices. Graduation from the program provides the student with the minimum requirements to sit for the National Registry Exam for Dental Assistants and for an advanced dental assistant course in expanded duties. By attending dental assistant school in Covington, students get hands-on experience and training and in just seven and a half months be well on their way to a new career.
Approximate Completion Time: Day—7.5 months
Nature Of Dental Assistant Work:
Dental Assistants have many tasks, ranging from patient care to record keeping, in a dental office. Their duties vary by state and by the dentists’ offices where they work.
Duties: Dental Assistants typically do the following:
- Work with patients to make them comfortable in the dental chair and to prepare them for treatments and procedures.
- Sterilize dental instruments
- Prepare the work area for patient treatment by setting out instruments and materials.
- Help dentists by handing them instruments during procedures.
- Keep patients’ mouths dry by using suction hoses or other equipment
- Instruct patients in proper dental hygiene
- Process X-Rays and do lab tasks under direction of a dentist
- Keep records of dental treatments
- Schedule patient appointments
- Work with patients on billing and payment
Dental Assistant Job Outlook:
Employment of dental assistants is expected to grow by 31 percent from 2010 to 2020, much faster than average for all occupations.
Information taken from the Occupational Outlook Handbook 2013-2014
The median annual wage of dental assistants was $34,140 in May 2011. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupations earned more than the amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $23,080, and the top 10 percent earned more than $47,420.
*Information taken from the Occupational Outlook Handbook 2013-2014
Delta College in Covington Advantages:
- Job Placement Assistance
- Certifications available through NHA
- Quality Instructors
- Affordable Tuition
- 7 1/2 Month Day Classes
- Licensed by the LA Board of Regents
- Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Financial Aid available to those who qualify
- TOPS Eligible
Dental Assistant School – Delta College in Covington
Major Occupations For Which Graduates Will Be Qualified:
Dental Assistant School Costs:
|Tuition through Graduation:||$ 13,200.|
|Books and Supplies:||included*|